Swagelok Business Consulting Manager in Solon, Ohio
TitleBusiness Consulting Manager
DescriptionWorking within the strategic direction set by Swagelok, the BCM will develop and consult on specific business and sales development opportunities globally to support distributor development, growth, and alignment with Swagelok's corporate values and strategic
direction. The BCM collaborates with distributors, their customers, the Global Knowledge Center, market managers, product managers, SCPC, internal departments, senior management and external resources as needed to develop expertise and tools that can be utilized
by distributors across the globe.
The BCM will be deployed to global initiatives based upon prevailing distributor need and the individuals skills and competencies to leverage strengths and support development areas.
The BCM strives to become a valued resource to the distributor and distributorship team. The position reports to the Regional Director.
• Develops solid understanding of distributor and industry best practices to drive development of distributor businesses globally
• Advise small business owners globally with $10-$50+ million in annual sales by deploying a solid understanding of sales, marketing, financial management and business acumen
• Identifies new opportunities for distributor growth and support through the distributor’s annual and strategic planning processes and seeks opportunities to share those practices
• Develops new subject matter expertise and solutions to specific distributor business challenges using a developed knowledge base and broad organizational insight
• Efficient in organizing resources across the enterprise, including other distributors and BCMs to identify or develop solutions
• Responsible for understanding distributor performance through a variety of metrics and reporting tools to understand trends or identify changes in performance
• May work to develop or advance learning for emerging markets, sales model concepts and strategic planning, among others, to impact the global organization
• Develops training content for distributor conferences based on key learnings from the Knowledge Sharing Communities and subject matter expertise
• Leads transitions, distributor onboarding activities and leadership development to support the continued evolution of the distributor model
• Manages DSS projects and capacity requirements to ensure consistency, alignment and accountability to department objectives
• Based on regional, language or other unique circumstances, acts as the primary liaison with assigned distributors to support distributor development, growth and alignment with Swagelok’s corporate values and strategic direction
• Provides the “Voice of the Distributor” on corporate projects to ensure alignment and meaningful communications
• Assists distributors with end customer related issues including corporate presence at sales visits, building end customer relationships and supporting sales efforts in complex situations that span multiple distributorships
• Works closely with Marketing to synthesize and communicate market, product and competitor intelligence information for use by the distributor and factory functional departments
• Supports Tech Centers and assists in custom solutions revenue growth at distributorships
• Gains exposure to the commercial part of the business by interacting with distributors and customers by facilitating customer visits to Swagelok facilities
• Provides input into distributor footprint planning to the Regional Director/VP as needed
• Possesses cultural, business climate, and language understanding which forms an essential part of the BCM function to enhance overall awareness and alignment
Travel: Travel of 20% - 40% is required (including international)
Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA recommended
Strong English essential, written and verbal, non-English languages advantageous
Minimum of 7-10 years of business management experience, preferably with a premium industrial brand. Ideal candidate has experience across multiple areas of a business including: Sales, Operations, Finance and Business Administration, Organizational Management
and HR while also having Global and Organizational Awareness.
• Applies experience and knowledge at an organization level.
• Demonstrates the ability to complete major and complex projects and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Advanced problem solving and significant decision making abilities.
• Demonstrates active listening techniques
• Ability to quickly build rapport and influence a wide variety of people, including distributors, customers, internal departments, and senior management.
• Ability to manage and work effectively within a matrix organization – quick information assimilation and understanding of contextual implications, appropriate project prioritization, effective communications, and leadership through influence.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Excellent computer and typical office software skills.
• Agility required to remain connected across multiple regions (time zones) and during extended periods of travel by being face to face or using virtual conference tools
Strong influence and decision making skills/abilities, inspirational leadership, initiative, global and organizational awareness, change catalyst, ability to manage relationships
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.