Swagelok Gauge Calibrator in Solon, Ohio
At this level the associate is proficient in all aspects of the process. They are able to assist in the development of new processes and recognize and solve most non-routine process problems. The associate at this level has a greater awareness of the overall
business and is able to make process improvements that reduce cost and/or improve quality and delivery. They may interact with associates in other functional areas and can oversee and assist with department development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Calibrates all gage types or has the ability to figure it out if not known (involves a level 4 as needed)
• Performs adjustments as needed
• Submits purchase orders for gage purchase or calibration
• Is a user of Discipline Problem Solving
• Can write and give input to help develop standard work instructions
• Capable of leading shift start up/department meetings when given the opportunity
• Assists in the training and development of other associates, however is not responsible for qualifications of others
• Appropriately interprets specifications as needed
• Able to identify visual criteria and features for all applicable gages
• Is fluent in the calibration activities of multiple environments (Examples: Manufacturing, Assembly/Test, Labs, Clean Rooms)
• Rarely seeks direction or guidance
• Regularly makes suggestions for improvements within a department
• Supports improvement ideas of others
• Makes sound decisions, on his/her own
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize workload
• Is working with all related departments and companies
• Demonstrates effective participation in Lean Events when given the opportunity
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Takes personal responsibility for quality and getting orders fulfilled on time
Reliability and Integrity
• Looks for ways to improve on a daily basis
• Consistently makes a positive impact on plant metrics
• Will admit their own mistakes
• Acquire new skills continuously when given the opportunity
• Willing to work in other departments or sites when there is a need
• Displays a positive attitude when changes are made
• Works together with others to meet customer needs
• Helps new associates adjust to the environment
• Defines success in terms of the whole team
• Shares ideas and information with others who might find them useful
• Listens with an open mind and gives reactions and opinions in a non-
• defensive, non-judgmental way.
• Accepts responsibility for good and bad results
• Makes decisions that support the business without waiting for guidance
• when appropriate
• Shows insight into how to achieve business goals
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift Kegs and Boxes on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds. Considerable standing, stooping and bending is required.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.