Swagelok Lean Leader in Solon, Ohio
As a key member of the lean enterprise team, this position is responsible for leading strategically aligned, organizational-level change while training and mentoring Lean Subject Matter Experts responsible for leading value-added departmental and local change.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participate in the development, deployment, and use of the Swagelok Continuous Improvement System including all lean, variation reduction, project management, and change catalyst tools.
• Participate in the assessment, prioritization, and selection of improvement projects.
• Lead large breakthrough and/or medium size improvement projects according to the appropriate methodology.
• Create program / project contracts.
• Create the project value measurement (PVM) contract where applicable.
• Participate in the selection and development of project resources.
• Develop timelines and track progress.
• Estimate, track, and maintain budgets.
• Assure the realization of all project deliverables.
• Ensures that all company and regulatory requirements are met.
• Coordinate corporate level phase reviews.
• Transition project and project value measurement to the line of business.
• Train and mentor Lean Subject Matter Experts in the application of the Swagelok Continuous Improvement System on medium size and incremental improvement projects.
• Participate in the selection and development of Lean Subject Matter Experts.
• Train Lean Subject Matter Experts on the appropriate methodologies in the Swagelok Continuous Improvement System.
• Mentor Lean Subject Matter Experts as they lead medium size and incremental improvement projects.
• Evaluate Lean Subject Matter Experts understanding and application of the Swagelok Continuous Improvement System and report back to their Supervisor
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education: BS degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience. Appropriate continuous education
Experience: 5+ years of experience in a technical field. Proven abilities in leadership including evaluating, encouraging, motivating, disciplining, regarding others
Skills/Knowledge: Use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines. Recognized as a leader within the organization. Demonstrates the ability to complete major
and complex projects. Advanced problem solving and significant decision making abilities. Strong project management/product development skills. Excellent oral and written communication. Excellent computer and typical office software skills
Education: Engineering degree. Master’s degree or equivalent
• Self-Awareness: Emotional Self-Awareness, Emotional Self-Control
• Self-management: Self Confidence, Adaptability, Achievement
• Social Awareness: Empathy, Organizational Awareness, Service
• Relationship Awareness: Influence, Developing Others, Change Catalyst, Teamwork and Collaboration
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.