Requisition Number 12-0389
Post Date 10/21/2013
Title Warehouse Operations Manager
Responsible for strategic planning, direction, and overall performance of Swagelok s Distribution Centers and Warehouse Operations.
• Evaluate overall operations and develop short- and long-term goals to meet organizational objectives.
• Oversee distribution center services and warehouse operations to ensure company and customers requirements are met.
• Recruit, develop, and retain a high performance leadership team.
• Actively manage staffing levels within indentified staffing bands from permanent associates, temporaries, and over-time.
• Oversee job assignments and lines of authority and makes staffing decisions as needed.
• Establish and manage department budget.
• Design and implement quality strategies to improve the quality of all warehouse quality control activities.
• Focus on continuous improvement and make decisions about changing / adding / discontinuing services.
• Oversee department projects ensuring completion within scope, time, and budget parameters.
• Maintain KPI programs and actively create actions plans based on observed results.
• Drive high performance for key performance metrics: Transaction and Inventory Accuracy, Associate Productivity, and Optimal Space Utilization.
• Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders to understand the business needs and then inspire, coach, and lead the warehouse team to meet or exceed these expectations. Relationships
• Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all internal and external customers, vendors and business partners.
• Manage good relationships with the public, government agencies, and other external contacts.
• Use good bargaining and negotiating tactics in working with internal and external contacts.
• Resolve conflicts among staff, departments, or others as required.
• Manage several teams from day-today operations to professional staff, project managers and program managers.
• Responsible for associate growth, development and retention. Communication
• Actively participate in senior management and executive meetings to share ideas, evaluate options and set policies.
• Communicate decisions and solve problems both formally and informally.
• Establish a work environment that reflects and operates on the principals of mutual respect and courtesy, teamwork, accountability, and achievement.
Education:4-year degree in Logistics, Engineering or other Technical field
* 10+ years with Logistics and supply Chain systems, concepts and best practices
Candidates MUST have demonstrated experience working with budgets of over $15M and experience supervising 300+ people
Senior level Project Management Skills and Presentation Skills •
Physical Requirements: Office
Estimated Budgetary Responsibilities: $15M-$20M
% Of Time Spent Traveling:<10%
International Responsibilities: dotted line relationship with European DC and some oversight of the distribution center for the Japanese distributor.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.