Swagelok Maintenance- Machine Technician in Highland Heights, Ohio
TitleMaintenance- Machine Technician
Shift24/7 A Days
DescriptionThe Equipment Maintenance Tech Level 2 is able to perform basic tasks with assistance from others. This associate understands the importance of standard work and knows when to ask for assistance. This associate looks for guidance on unfamiliar tasks and
communicates issues to their supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs general machine and equipment clean outs
• Understands and follows Swagelok’s general housekeeping and safety practices and policies (Ex-fall protection, confined space, hot works permit, general and specialized PPE, LO/TO, compressed gas, Arc Flash, etc.) and knows where to find them
• Uses & operates powered industrial equipment
• Identifies and utilizes the proper hand tools
• Recognizes a pneumatic problem and escalates
• Utilizes basic shop math
• Has an understanding of the lean toolbox (i.e. 5S, CEDAC, Standard Work, etc.)
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• 1 year of maintenance experience
o Technical degree is equivalent to 2 years experience
• Ability to operate and successfully complete the Swagelok internal Powered Industrial Equipment training
• Direct and assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner
• Independently display prioritization skills
• Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
• Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
• Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important
• Participates Shift Start up and departmental meetings
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Effectively coordinates resources to achieve ZCD
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, lean leaders, etc.)
• Promotes own ideas and information with others
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Receives input from others
• Drives team goals and results
• Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision
• Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Lift, push, pull, or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however occasionally up to 50lbs lift, push, pull or carry.
• Must be capable of obtaining Respirator Certification through medical evaluation and fit testing.
• Must be capable of being on feet for up to 8-12 hours a day.
• Capability to squat, bend, and reach.
• Travel to other facilities and vendors as required for training and/or support
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.