Swagelok Process Operator - L2 in Highland Heights, Ohio
TitleProcess Operator - L2
Shift24/7 C Nights
At this level the associate has demonstrated the proficiency to work with limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes. This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running by making appropriate
adjustments to correct the problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs & meets the requirements of all previous skill sets.
• Able to use proper documentation to prepare the work center for operation.
• Able to recognize the conductivity range limits. (If Applicable)
• Able to operate certain powered equipment such as a walker stacker or tow motor. (If Required)
• Perform preventive maintenance & check offs on assigned work centers.
• Use required work center equipment properly. (Barrels, Fixtures, Racks & Clamps).
• Is able to use PLC and remotes for assigned work centers.
• Performs Troubleshooting practices to re-run & fix rejected parts.
• Able to Perform In Process Quality Inspections.
• Perform and train others to follow standard work
• Utilizes Basic Computer Programs
• Is able to verify the correct gage to Part Size and Gage loan Ticket.
• Be able to identify Quality Issues
• Must be able to access documents
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Processing experience preferred or related job aptitude (e.g. ability to troubleshoot and follow instructions)
• Able to read and follow standard work instructions
• Recognize functional and cosmetic defects.
• Applicant must be able to multi task and prioritize.
Support company philosophies, systems, and policies by:
• Being accountable, taking ownership of actions and inactions
• Interacting with others in a constructive, professional manner
• Displaying integrity
• Embracing continuous improvement and assisting with implementation of changes
• Independently display prioritization skills
• Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
• Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
• Helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Always willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• May be asked to work at other Swagelok sites based on business cycle
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the team
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Effectively coordinates resources to achieve Zero Customer Disappointments (ZCD)
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers etc.)
• Promotes own ideas and information with others
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies
• Receives input from others
• Drives team goals and results
• Takes ownership of the actions
• Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides accurate and detailed documentation including the use of SIS
• Provides feedback to Supervision
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Must be able to lift between 20-35 pounds
• Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. safety boots, face shield, plastic aprons, safety glasses, rubber or latex gloves.)
• Can work on their feet per work center requirements
• May be required to work in a non-air-conditioned environment
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.