Swagelok Engineer- Design in Highland Hts, Ohio
DescriptionElectrical Design Engineer for the Innovation & Technology Group – IIoT Team. The ideal candidate is an innovative self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to be an individual contributor in a team of experienced hardware and software professionals
. Candidate is excited to do whatever it takes to make new IIoT products successful and seeking an opportunity to learn and grow. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with his/her peers and will be deeply involved in the development, testing,
deployment, and technical support of IIoT products.
The Innovation & Technology Group is a highly collaborative start up like environment inside Swagelok. Candidate will have significant influence on the successful execution of Swagelok’s IIoT product deployment strategy. To be successful the candidate will
need to be flexible and comfortable being mentored by more senior teammates. Candidate must be willing and able to take on both hardware and software/firmware assignments and is a true owner of tasks assigned to them. The Swagelok IIoT team is growing, but
small. Therefore, candidate and other team members must be willing work with their hands; repairing/building prototypes, designing and building test fixtures, and performing other tasks typically assigned to electrical technicians.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering products that delight customers and creating solutions that are highly reliable in a 24/7 industrial environment. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Testing electronic systems and creating associated reports.
• Coordinating the procurement of prototype circuit board assemblies and assisting with startup and debug.
• Designing, developing, and testing hardware/firmware/software subsystems that are part of Swagelok’s overall IIoT solution platform.
• Collaborating with operations to develop and deploy manufacturing, calibration, and test processes for new IIoT fluid products and sensors.
• Conducting experiments and developing software to automate them.
• Preparing equipment specifications and reviewing vendor information.
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or 4-year college
• 2+ years of applicable experience.
• Lab Tools: Comfortable using DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, etc. Soldering station, hand tools, etc.
• Office Tools: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Electrical CAD Tools: Familiar with Mentor Graphics, Eagle, Orcad, Cadence, Altium, or other similar schematic capture/layout tool chain.
• Programming/Scripting: Visual Studio (C, C++, or C#), LabVIEW. Working knowledge of Python and/or Java.
• Co-op or other directly related job experience
• Ubuntu Linux
• Embedded Workbench embedded programming software
• Perforce source control system
• Ladder logic & PLC programming
• SolidWorks 3D mechanical design software
• LTspice circuit simulation software
• LPWAN wireless technologies
• I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, etc. serial interfaces
• Modbus, HART, etc. industrial serial protocols
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Results Focus
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Organizational Awareness
• Emotional Self-Control
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.