Swagelok Engineering Supervisor in Highland Hts, Ohio
Manages design technicians in New Product Development. Responsible for assuring the appropriate technical skills, personal development, and supporting tools are present in the department to support current and future project needs. Provides strategic direction
and coordination of new product and/or new technology design and testing efforts. Technicians assist engineers in product concept development and design, and perform extensive testing to verify and validate product performance.
Ensures proper use of all Swagelok personnel systems and adherence to all regulatory and safety requirements placed on the plant and Lab. Works to continuously improve the effectiveness of the labs through such efforts as increased use of data acquisition and
control, automation and standard work. Interacts with Corporate Lab team and levels of leadership while devising new approaches to lab capabilities and related problems encountered in daily lab operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leadership - Reviews, Development, and Compensation – Assists the associate with the development of challenging goals. Coaches the associate for continually improved performance. Evaluates performance and development progress of direct reports and makes compensation
recommendations. Addresses conflict and performance issues.
• Teamwork (morale) – Creates and maintains an environment that promotes teamwork, energy, and efficiency.
• Staffing – Manages staffing requirements to support project workload through associate development, transfers, and hires. Balances resources within, and between departments based on changing priorities. Assists technicians in the prioritization of tasks and
activities for multiple projects.
• Department – Project– Assists the team leader(s) with directing resources towards the attainment of goals associated with improving cost, quality, and timeliness. Assists with the appropriate application of the PPD process and engineering tools.
• Safety / Standardization / Efficiency – Develops and promotes the utilization of and adherence to standard work. (e.g., Safe Lab Practices, Product Design, Project Management, Lean Tools, etc.)
• Budgeting – Assists with the establishment of departmental budget targets, analyzing variances, and identifying cost reduction opportunities.
• Interfaces with management to implement and/or make technical decisions, guide projects, and to provide input to complex personnel issues.
• May lead a project to develop new lab related hardware, software, systems, and/or equipment.
• Responsible for justifying purchase of new capital equipment, hardware or software, and for assuring that proper lab repairs and maintenance are performed
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• BS degree in Engineering discipline and appropriate continuous education, or equivalent skills and experience would be advantageous
• Demonstrated leadership (hiring, motivation, coaching, team building)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
• Familiarity with Product & Process Development procedure
• Knowledge of complex and applied engineering principles highly desirable
• Knowledge of broad range of fluid system components highly desirable
• Experience, or ability to become quickly familiar with procedures for product testing (including measurements of temperature, pressure, flow)
• Some experience desirable in automated data acquisition (e.g., LabView)
• Successful completion of relevant internal training courses
• Proven abilities in leadership and management, including evaluating, encouraging, motivating, disciplining and awarding others.
• Applied knowledge of data acquisition and automation a plus.
• Applies experience and knowledge at an organization level.
• Demonstrates the ability to complete major and complex projects on time and budget.
• Manages multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Advanced problem solving and significant decision making abilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Excellent computer and typical office software skills.
• Prior supervisory experience
• Self-Awareness: Emotional Self-Control, Inspirational Leadership, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Self-Management: Achievement, Initiative
• Social-Awareness: Service Orientation, Organizational Awareness, Empathy
• Relationship Management: Conflict Management, Developing Others
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.