Swagelok Business Analyst in Solon, Ohio
Responsible for gathering business requirements and developing high-level approach to solution and services to fulfill those requirements on large departmental or mid-sized corporate projects. Act as primary liaison between line of business representatives
and Information Services. Responsible for development of process maps, use cases and testing plans. Requires deep understanding of how the business operates as well as the software that enables business processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Anticipates issues and problems and proactively defines risk mitigation measures.
• Highly capable of developing communication plans with project stakeholders, sponsors and leadership and governing groups.
• Possesses basic negotiating skills and exercises those skills in procurement of resources, negotiation of scope and process boundaries with the line of business.
• Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
• Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to nonstandard requests
• Works with the line of business to develop and document solution requirements, develops and coordinates test plans
• Demonstrates ability to determine actual needs vs. expressed desires
• Works on projects with significant resource requirements, risk and/or complexity
• Balances costs and resources vs. scope and requirements for large and complex projects
• Identifies and escalates issues to Project Manager after attempting to resolve with the line of business
• Actively maintains a network of contacts/ colleagues across functional and geographic boundaries, sharing information, ideas and best practices
• Recognizes value of collaboration and is able to effectively leverage different opinions and experiences to solve problems and accomplish tasks/goals, always working towards the task at hand
• Contributes to the evolution and/or development of Swagelok project management methodologies and business analysis tools.
• Contributes to enterprise business process improvement
• Recognized as an expert in project planning, requirements gathering, software configuration, process mapping, preparing functional specifications, software testing and project knowledge capture.
• Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience required.
• 5+ years of leading large departmental or mid-size corporate projects
• Able to facilitate and effectively present to all levels of management
• Has developed in-depth conceptual and practical expertise in business analysis
• Deep business and process knowledge
• Possesses basic negotiating skills
• Think linear as well as lateral to identify wide ranging functional impacts to changes made to applications and/or ERP functionality
• Excellent verbal and written skills to articulate solution options and recommendations
• General knowledge in the following SAP Modules:
o Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
o Quality Management (QM)
• Direct hands on responsibility and knowledge of Variant Configurator and one or more of the following SAP functions in SAP ECC version 6.0:
o Material Master
o Bill of Materials
o Document Management with CAD integration
o Engineering Change with Process Routes
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Physical requirements associated with normal office working environment.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.