Swagelok Cust Service Manager in Solon, Ohio
TitleCust Service Manager
Responsible for managing the factory customer service functions for assigned areas of responsibility to achieve corporate objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop specific department objectives to support the company’s mission, vision, and values.
• Monitor the implementation of action plans to achieve departmental objectives.
• Provide periodic reports on the progress of action plans.
• Define performance expectations and provide feedback on performance to direct reports and ensure the same is done for all associates in the department.
• Motivate and develop a professional customer service staff. Ensure development of Customer Service associates through counseling, mentoring, and training.
• Develop and maintain the wage plan, to ensure fair and equitable pay utilizing established corporate guidelines.
• Manage department workload. Ensure priorities are aligned with department demands.
• Develop department budget within operating guidelines and monitor to ensure compliance to plan.
• Routinely evaluate the performance of direct reports.
• Establish programs/action plans to achieve objectives in critical areas such as:
• Quote quality/consistency
• Response time
• On-time delivery
• Expedite success
• Distributor satisfaction
• Project support
• Communication with distributors and/or customers and staff to assure customer satisfaction.
• Negotiate requests for discount adjustments, delivery disputes, returns for credit, and other major issues with distributors and/or customers.
• Coordinate the development of and monitor performance metrics for critical department activities.
• Maintain appropriate knowledge/expertise regarding leading edge techniques, strategies, and industry trends.
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures relating to customer service.
• Make recommendations to improve all areas of service within the company, and to our customers.
• Reviews and approves the pricing of factory products.
• Establish and maintain interdepartmental relationships.
• Act as a liaison between the factory and distributor organization.
• Build relationships with distributors and customers by attending distributor meeting, sales seminar and soliciting informal feedback.
• Up to 30 indirect reports
• Occasional travel is required
Approximate # of direct reports (if applicable) – 1-15
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Engineering
• 3+ years of supervisory experience is required, preferably in a service related field Displays disciplined problem solving.
• A thorough understanding of manufacturing systems
• Excellent communication, leadership, and negotiation skills
• Broad business knowledge, understanding of current supply base, high energy and enthusiasm, willing to make tough/unpopular decisions, able to motivate and lead professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrates innovative thinking and sound judgment.
• Experience in operations, materials management, or purchasing
• Demonstrated leadership experience through campus activities, work experience and community involvement
• Emotional Self-Awareness
• Accurate Self-Assessment
• Self Confidence
• Emotional Self-Control
• Organizational Awareness
• Service Orientation
• Developing Others
• Inspirational Leadership
• Change Catalyst
• Conflict Management
• Teamwork and Collaboration
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.