Swagelok Internal Quality Auditor in Solon, Ohio
TitleInternal Quality Auditor
Responsible for conducting audits (internal, distributor and/or supplier) and leading quality improvement projects across the enterprise. Develops and executes audit plans to assess Swagelok production operations and supporting business processes. Applies strong
critical thinking skills to assess quality system compliance and identify quality risks. Analyzes audit results and recommends improvement plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Obtain and maintain nuclear lead auditor qualification.
• Assemble and lead an audit team with appropriate skills and experience for internal quality audits.
• Conduct distributor desk and supplier audits.
• Complete audit planning and preparation tasks.
• Conduct pre-audit assessments of operational performance to identify potential risk areas and develop targeted audit plans.
• Compile audit reports and present results to leadership team of the audited area.
• Complete appropriate records to document the audit including the audit plan, report, opening meeting, closing meeting, objective evidence, etc.
• Update audit schedules as milestones are completed.
• Identify and escalate systemic quality risks.
• Establish and assign ownership for audit findings and issue corrective actions.
• Review and approval of corrective action responses.
• Provide technical support for corporate Corrective Actions.
• Assist with new auditor training.
• Provide input for the audit schedule.
• Provide input to the Audit Management Committee as needed.
• Lead Quality System and Business Process improvement projects.
Scope of position:
Travel requirements: Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of time
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education: HS Diploma
Skills/Knowledge: Strong understanding of Swagelok production processes and Quality System requirements. Excellent time management and data analysis capability. Strong critical thinking, root cause analysis, and risk assessment skills. Strong oral and written
communication, including presentation and facilitation skills. Intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel; proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint programs
Education: BS in a technical field. Lead Quality Auditor certification/qualification
Skills/Knowledge: Project Management experience. Working knowledge of process mapping and other Lean tools
• Organizational Awareness
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.