Swagelok Network Administrator in Solon, Ohio
DescriptionResponsible for entry level engineering and/or analytical activities associated with configuring wired/wireless networks and telephony services, installing upgrades, monitoring performance and troubleshooting problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assists in the troubleshooting and resolution of network service issues. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
• Interface via phone and trouble ticketing systems with Swagelok associates to provide first and second level operations support (i.e. requests and support incidents)
• Assists in the development and configuration of the network and telephony infrastructure through system monitoring, maintenance, and system upgrades
• Interact with Customers and IT resources to establish WAN server project requirements; promote/enforce organizational networking standards and procedures, and institutes production standards.
• Must be able to build or maintain constructive, effective relationships to achieve objectives
• Must be able to take ownership and work independently on assignments as well as work as a part of the team with projects
• High level of customer focus with the ability to identify and prioritize urgent requirements and provide a high level of customer focus
• On-call and Off hours support, as necessary.
Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required
• 1-2 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience
• - Basic knowledge of data networking, particularly experience with Windows Server OS, CISCO routers and switches and IP networks is desired.
• Understanding of Windows directory and domain model, Security and authentication model services
• Familiarity with implementing and managing VoIP technologies
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Physical requirements associated with normal office working environment.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.