Swagelok Order Fulfiller - Level 2 in Solon, Ohio
TitleOrder Fulfiller - Level 2
Order Fulfiller Operator Level 2:
At this level the associate has demonstrated the proficiency to do their job with only limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes. This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running
by making appropriate adjustments to correct the problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Daily Activities may consist of:
• Picking & Restocks
• Forward Putaways
• Location Audits
• Stock & Pallet delivery
• Requisition Runner
• Bulk Picking
• Bulk Restocks
• Bulk Putaways
• Bus Driver
• Manual Packing
• Mixed Carton Packing
• Generating Orders
• Solex Receiving
• Basic & Lead Shipping
• Spring Sorting
• 9 S Processing
• Operating PIE (Power Industrial Equipment)
• Attend SOS (Start of shift) meeting on time
• Use all required PPE (Personal protective equipment).
• Meet or exceed and maintain productivity and quality standards.
• Uses Swagelok documentation necessary to perform job functions.
• Identify abnormal parts or abnormal equipment operation.
• Minor troubleshooting skills required
• Reads “Inventory Control System” inquiries or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
• Receives, stores, picks and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within distribution centers to complete orders.
Convey or appropriately move materials and items from designated areas.
Sorts and places materials or items according to predetermined sequence such as size, package type or product code.
Fills requisitions or requests for materials or other stock items and distributes items to departments.
Picks customer orders from stock and places orders on conveyors to route orders to carousel or shipping department.
Marks materials with identifying information.
Record quantity of materials or items received by Inventory Control Systems..
Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
Maintains stock orientation in primary and secondary storage locations.
Uses computer to enter transactions and maintains inventory accuracy using Inventory Control Systems.
Drives Power Industrial Equipment within warehouse.
Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
Packs items into appropriate shipping cartons. Closes shipments and creates shipping documents when necessary.
Demonstrates effective participation in Lean Events when given the opportunity.
Report any safety issues or concerns to your supervisor immediately.
Report any / all PIE (Power Industrial Equipment) incidents to supervisor immediately.
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Warehouse/Order Fulfillment experience preferred or related job aptitude (e.g. ability to troubleshoot and follow instructions)
• Able to read and follow standard work instructions.
Support company philosophies, systems, and policies by:
• Being accountable, taking ownership of actions and inactions
• Interacting with others in a constructive, professional manner
• Displaying integrity
• In order to be fully qualified as a Level 2 Order Fulfillment Operator, all skills/knowledge, performance, and competency requirements must be met to be eligible to move to Order Fulfillment Operator Level 3.
• Basic warehouse knowledge preferred
• JLG level- OF1 – OF2
• Capable of using tow motors, lift assist equipment and other warehouse equipment. Some visual verification and manual dexterity is required. Results-oriented and ability to learn the various order fulfillment functions.
• Customer Focus, Reliability and Integrity, Flexibility, Teamwork, Communication, Accountability
Takes personal responsibility for quality and fulfilling orders on time
Direct and assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner
Independently display prioritization skills
Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity:
• Looks for ways to improve
• Admits own mistakes
• Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Eager to acquire new skills
• Willing and positive attitude through changes and reassignments
• Always willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• Works with others to meet customer needs
• Define success in terms of the whole team
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important
• Facilitates Root Cause analysis effort for equipment reliability
• Facilitate Shift Start up and departmental meetings
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Effectively coordinates resources to achieve ZCD
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.)
• Promotes own ideas and information with others
• Drill-down to root cause in all work order solutions
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies
• Receives input from others
• Drives team goals and results
• Takes ownership of the actions and results of the team as a whole
• Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision
• Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides accurate and detailed documentation including the use of SIS
• Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift Kegs and Boxes on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds. Considerable standing, stooping and bending and reaching is required.
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.