Swagelok Senior HR Manager in Solon, Ohio
TitleSenior HR Manager
The Senior Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing, partnering and overseeing operations, functional and global departmental areas to achieve corporate HR objectives pertaining to attracting, developing and retaining associates. In addition, the
manager provides leadership to a team of HR professionals, acting as a change catalyst and driving the development and implementation of HR strategies and initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directly responsible for an HR team consisting of HR site managers, Senior HR Business Partners, HR Business Partners and HR administrators across the entire manufacturing and office footprint of the organization
• Responsible for functioning as the key business partner to senior leadership at both the executive and director levels
• Responsible for partnering with HR customers to develop and execute a strategy to drive the full life cycle of talent management
• Responsible for indirect leadership for HR directors or managers at international locations
• Develop specific department objectives to support the company’s business goals, create action plans, and monitor progress to ensure expected results
• Establish and maintain exceptional working relationships with all levels of HR customers
• Facilitate and maintain the merit planning (hourly / salaried) to ensure fair and equitable pay utilizing corporate guidelines
• Manage staffing requirements for service and functional groups by coordinating the execution of resources and support for recruiting activities while emphasizing the equal importance of business results and competency development
• Coordinate Affirmative Action plans are in place and in compliance
• Coach management team members on associate development, including performance management
• Support departmental plans (focus groups, team meetings, actions) to address associate survey results and promote continuous improvement within the areas
• Provide subject matter expertise on organizational and talent reviews for the service and functional groups
• Coach management teams on associate development, including performance management and disciplinary actions
• Ensure site and functional area decisions are handled fairly and consistently and are in line with corporate policies and goals
• Ensure the communication of information regarding corporate programs or announcements occurs in a timely, clear, and concise manner (benefits, training, organizational development)
• Enhance and drive for efficiencies across the departmental areas of HR support specific to attracting, developing and retaining Swagelok associates
• Provide relevant talent management measures to enable business decision making
• Lead Corporate projects and initiatives and HR policy creation that include senior leader collaboration
• Timely and accurate communication and collaboration with Senior Leadership across the organization.
• Responsible for project budgetary oversight and execution
Approximate # of direct reports (if applicable) – Direct Reports: 8-10; Indirect Reports: 4-6
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required (concentration in human resources/labor relations, psychology or business is preferred)
Experience: 10+ years of human resources management experience leading a team if HR direct reports required with manufacturing experience as a plus. Strong computer software skills (i.e. MS Office, Org Plus, etc.), interviewing, facilitation, and presentation
Skills/Knowledge: Must be able to resolve conflict, problem solve and manage relationships with broad human resources knowledge. Exceptional customer service, sense of urgency, ownership, and detail orientation are required. Excellent oral and written communication
skills required to engage executive leadership and all associates.
Self-Management: Emotional Self-Control, Transparency, Adaptability, Initiative, Optimism
Relationship Management: Change Catalyst, Influence, Conflict Management, Teamwork & Collaboration, Developing Others
Self-Awareness: Emotional Self-Awareness, Self Confidence
Social Awareness: Empathy, Organizational Awareness, Service Orientation
Transformational Leadership: Strategic Thinking
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.