Swagelok Senior Research Analyst in Solon, Ohio
TitleSenior Research Analyst
Lead development of insight through market, product, and customer analytics. The associate will:
• Drive Swagelok’s understanding of and action on sales growth opportunities, including sales, customer acquisition and retention, and cross-sell/upsell opportunities
• Develop tools for measuring and improving marketing effectiveness
• Develop programs to further understand markets and competition
• Lead the day-to-day use of analytics, tools, and datasets for standard and ad-hoc reporting.
• Develop and execute data mining and business intelligence analytics
• Work with our global network of distributors to impact their businesses and sales.
• Lead the Global Business Intelligence Network community for Swagelok and Distributor Associates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Function as the data subject matter expert working collaboratively with the Marketing organization, distributors and other stakeholders
• Develop and run graphical and statistical analysis, develop reports and draw actionable conclusions based on data for use by Marketing and the organization; present data and research to management and executives; effectively communicate the results and insights
from analysis to a diverse stakeholder group
• Formulate quantitative approaches and build models to address business questions; Develop predictive models to identify the best opportunities to grow sales as well as to minimize risks
• Proactively mine data to identify patterns, trends and segments of customers, distributors and markets
• Assume a leadership role by training other members of the department in practical, graphical and analytical methods to answer business questions
• Serve as program manager working with 3rd parties and our distributors to gather, analyze and provide actionable results to executives and other internal clients as well as the distributors
• Identify opportunities to improve decision-making based on analysis
• Plan and perform standard and ad hoc data analysis in response to business needs
• Ensure that all processes (standard work), and metadata are documented
• Stay current on forecasting processes and analysis tools and techniques
• Understand and manage data sets from diverse sources in a way that enables analysis
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education: B.S. Math, Statistics, Market Research, Economics or other quantitative discipline. Advanced degree is preferred. Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
Experience: 3-5 years of analyst experience in sales/marketing/service end of a business. Previous statistical and modeling experience required on different data types (binomial, continuous, ordinal, etc.) using various techniques (multivariate analysis, regression,
Chi-Sq,). Experience with CRM system data analysis, relational databases, competitive intelligence, and B to B market research is preferred.
Skills: Expert spreadsheet skills and MiniTab, SAS, SPSS or other analytical tools. Experience with SAP Business Intelligence tools. Excellent math and problem solving skills. Proficiency in use of data warehouse reporting and data-mining tools. Skilled and
knowledgeable in analysis theory, practice and tools. Persistence to solve difficult problems. Strong verbal, writing and presentation skills.
Business Acumen, Innovation, Depth / Breadth, Continuous Improvement, Self-Confidence, Initiative, Adaptability / Resilience, Customer Orientation, Organizational Awareness, Achievement, Influence, Teamwork and Collaboration, Communication / Verbal Fluency.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.