Swagelok Set-Up Operator 1 in Solon, Ohio
TitleSet-Up Operator 1
At this level the associate is proficient in all aspects of the process. They are able to solve most non-routine process problems. The associate at this level has a greater awareness of the overall business and is able to recognize the need for and escalate
process improvements to standard work that reduce cost and/or improve quality and delivery. They may interact with associates in other functional areas and can oversee and assist with department development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Support production objectives by:
• Performing set-up related duties
• Train high level skills
• Troubleshoot production problems relating to equipment, tooling, and processes
• Demonstrating support of company philosophies, systems, and policies through actions and words.
• Setup equipment to standard work.
• Facilitate Shift Start up and departmental meetings
• Train and educate operators. Assist with the assessment, implementation, and documentation of associate and departmental development plans and competency progress plans.
• Be the subject matter expert in completing the technical portion of setting up a machine
• Perform, train and assist in preventative maintenance on equipment and tooling.
• Accurately complete records and forms.
• Accurately complete records in maintenance management system.
• Knowledge about the products, processes and equipment
• Self-motivated and able to learn at a fast pace.
• Demonstrates proficient machining, communication, and troubleshooting.
• Identifies and corrects machining problems relative to tools and tool holders, collets and chucks.
• Ability to identify and rectify minor mechanical equipment malfunctions.
• Uses change management system
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Independently display prioritization skills
• Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
• Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
• Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• Creates strong morale within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.)
• Shares ideas and information with others
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies
• Drives team goals and results
• Takes ownership of the actions
• Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision
• Controls emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift Kegs and Boxes on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds. Considerable standing, stooping and bending is required.
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity test
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.