Swagelok Site Manager in Solon, Ohio
Shift2nd or 3rd
DescriptionSwagelok Company is a privately held developer and provider of fluid system products, assemblies, training, and services for the oil and gas, chemical and petrochemical, semiconductor, transportation, and power industries. Headquartered in Northeast Ohio,
Swagelok earns approximately $2 billion in annual revenues and serves customers through more than 200 sales and service centers in 70 countries, supported by the expertise of more than 5,500 corporate associates at 20 manufacturing facilities and five global
technology centers. Swagelok is a NorthCoast 99 Winner and takes pride in a culture led by our values.
Swagelok is hiring for a Site Manager for our Hardware facility in Solon, Ohio. This position will cover both 2nd and 3rd shift, the schedule for this position will alternate between these two shifts.
Manage manufacturing operations. Share responsibility for developing, evaluating and improving the key performance indicators for all plant operations. Develops and leads supervisors to achieve the plant and company objectives. Ensures proper use of all human
resource systems and adherence to all regulatory requirements placed on the plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Detailed understanding of load, capacity, staffing, and workforce skill sets
• Manage resources in order to meet organizational capacity requirements
• Improve key performance indicators
• Motivate supervisors and associates to meet key indicators
• Address and resolve daily operational/personnel issues including but not limited to, quality, equipment downtime, labor shortages, and availability of material (raw material, tooling, supplies, etc.)
• Assist in administration of wage/performance system
• Encourage strong communications between departments, shifts, and site leaders through shop talks, supervisor meetings
• Assist in hiring, discipline and termination process
• Demonstrate effective leadership in communicating mission, vision and values
• Manage and develop off-shift supervisors
• Demonstrate support for corporate programs through words and actions
• Meet plant operating plan objectives and complying with all regulatory requirements
• Plan future site initiatives
• Resolve shop morale issues
• Administer all Human Resource information systems and policies in a fair and consistent manner
• Serve as the plant representative in meetings, project teams, and general plant operations.
• OEE/CEDAC, SIL, DPS
• Performance Management control
• HR Policies and Conflict Resolution
Approximate # of direct reports (if applicable) – 6-8
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors degree or a significant amount relevant work experience.
• 3+ years of direct manufacturing and supervisory experience at any level.
• Shop floor manufacturing experience
• Machining Experience
• A strong understanding and working knowledge of the nature of manufacturing plant operations.
• Self-Management: Adaptability, Achievement, and Initiative
• Relationship Management: Conflict Management, Developing Others, Inspirational Leadership, and Change Catalyst
• Self-Awareness: Self Confidence
• Social Awareness: Empathy, Service Orientation, and Organizational Awareness
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
Scope of Position
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.