Swagelok Tax Strategy Manager in Solon, Ohio
TitleTax Strategy Manager
Responsible for management of the corporate tax strategy and relationship with PWC, ensuring compliance with federal, state, local, and foreign tax laws. Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of tax records and the preparation of tax returns and related
reports to ensure compliance with all tax regulations. Responsible for tax research and planning functions as they relate to determining tax consequences to the corporation.
Research, analyze and prepare supported recommendations on complex financial opportunities that allow for financial benefits to be maximized. Role primarily focuses on, tax, valuations, ESOP/retirement plan and treasury related projects. This position also
manages and acts as the key point of contact for tax audits and labor audits. Responsible for managing relationships with specialized outside consultants/attorneys/third party administrators. Acts as key contact for confidential matters related to Swagelok’s
shareholders and trustees. Manages complex tax and treasury related projects (i.e. grants, incentives, and finance related retirement plan duties.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Treasury, Valuation, Benefits Management
• Provide analysis and recommendations on ESOP and retirement plan structure
• Ad-hoc requests for investigations or law change interpretation
• Manage/coordinate ESOP valuation and related projects as needed
• Serve as administrator of and manage Swagelok Foundation
• Legal entity and corporate structure matters
• Provide support and assistance with various treasury, retirement savings plan benefits and other projects as needed
• Tax Strategy
• Manage relationship with PWC
• Provide technical tax advice through research, communication with external consultants and advisors
• Review areas with potential tax exposure all aspects of federal, state, local, and foreign tax audits and inquiries
• Manage tax filings related to VAT, GST, PST/QST and sales & use tax
• Manage all aspects of tax related financial statement matters and tax savings opportunities to improve after-tax results
• Provide tax advice on acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and other corporate restructuring
• Provide assistance regarding tax matters including, but not limited to, Benefit Plan issues, payroll tax issues, associate relocations and Distributors matters
• Provide analysis and recommendations related to complex tax matters including international tax laws and requirements
• Monitor, support and respond to tax and governmental audits
• Keep current with tax legislation and identify tax savings opportunities
Education: Work requires thorough knowledge of accounting and tax principles generally acquired through a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a directly related field. CPA license preferred.
Experience: Work requires the ability to apply complex tax and other accounting principles, identify and analyze tax and other accounting questions and develop solutions responsive to those questions, and coordinate the implementation of solutions, generally
acquired through a minimum of eight years of tax or other accounting experience in a public accounting forum, corporate tax environment, or related setting; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Skills: Proficient in computer skills including, spreadsheet software, and word processing software. Excellent communication skills, written and oral, technical and non-technical. Strong work habits, multitasking, collaboration and business partnering, exemplary
communication and interpersonal skills, project management and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• Experience with tax preparation and research
• Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting concepts
• Excellent analytical and written/oral communication skills, strong work-paper documentation and cross referencing skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks
• Excellent work habits and interpersonal skills
• Position requires a broad knowledge of practices and procedures and calls for originality and ingenuity in developing strategies
• Presents strategy and process improvement recommendations to management
• Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff
• CPA or advanced degree preferred
• Public accounting experience
• Relevant industry experience
• Experience with benefits plans management and trust accounting.
• Experience with calculating, reviewing, analyzing and summarizing a corporate valuation.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Physical requirements associated with normal office working environment.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.