Swagelok Welder-Level3 in Solon, Ohio
At this level the associate shall be able to perform more complex duties per standard work including process changeovers and troubleshooting with minimal guidance or help from a trainer or supervisor. They are able to recognize and solve some non-routine problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To operate welding equipment within both cellular and non-cellular work environments. Position requires the ability to learn multiple types of welding and test equipment (Swagelok power supplies, Swagelok standard/micro weld heads, dual/single chuck weld lathes,
leak detection equipment, bore scope, VAC Dri-Train, Comparator, buffing wheels, and appropriate inspection gages). Print reading ability is required. The ability to trouble shoot and make appropriate judgment calls based on experience is required. The welder
must demonstrate a high attention to detail, that is balanced by the ability to meet production demands.
• Demonstrates effective participation in lean events when given the opportunity
• Capable of leading shift start up meetings
• Performs monthly or yearly PM (Preventative Maintenance)
• Troubleshoots weld issues including external finish, internal / external dimensions, concentricity / alignment / angularity and material defects
• Understands and has the ability to weld common process sheets
• Demonstrates the competency to successfully complete the set-up within the targeted time and successfully achieves production target times
• Able to assist supervisor and OJT (On the Job Training) in training
• Able to identify visual criteria and features for all applicable parts
• Can use the schedule to make decisions
• Demonstrates ability to weld full range of exotic materials
• Understands and applies the proper welding principal relationships.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school or equivalent
• Basic understanding of manufacturing prints and products.
• Basic computer skills.
• Basic shop math – ability to do simple calculations such as stack-ups
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Understanding of gages including calipers, go/ no-go, and comparator
• Takes personal responsibility for quality and getting orders fulfilled on time
Reliability and Integrity
• Looks for ways to improve on a daily basis
• Consistently makes a positive impact on plant metrics
• Will admit their own mistakes
• Acquire new skills continuously when given the opportunity
• Willing to work in other departments or sites when there is a need
• Displays a positive attitude when changes are made
• Works together with others to meet customer needs
• Helps new associates adjust to the environment
• Defines success in terms of the whole team
• Shares ideas and information with others who might find them useful
• Uses the continuous improvement system to get results
• Listens with an open mind and gives reactions and opinions in a non-defensive, non-judgmental way.
• Accepts responsibility for good and bad results
• Makes decisions that support the business without waiting for guidance when appropriate
• Shows insight into how to achieve business goals
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Good vision: Must be able to sustain effective visual inspection over an 8-hour shift.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
• Lifting: Maybe lifting up to 25lbs. frequently
• Manual dexterity: : Must demonstrate manual dexterity required to properly handle products and gages
• Sitting/ Standing: May be required to sit or stand 8 hours per day. Must be able to move throughout the shop floor to gather samples, move parts, etc.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.