Swagelok Welder-Level5 in Solon, Ohio
DescriptionEssential Duties & Responsibilities
To operate welding equipment within cellular and non-cellular work environments. Position requires the ability to learn and operate multiple types of welding and test equipment (Miller welding power supplies, Swagelok orbital welding systems, Swagelok standard/micro
weld heads, dual/single chuck weld lathes, leak detection equipment, borescope, VAC Dri-Train gas regeneration systems, Optical comparator, buffing/grinding equipment, and appropriate inspection gages). Position also requires the ability to learn system assembly
operations and pass certification testing for operations such as fitting assembly, tube bending, leak testing, orbital welding, and others. Print reading ability is required. The ability to trouble shoot and make appropriate judgment calls based on experience
is required. The welder must demonstrate a high attention to detail, that is balanced by the ability to meet production demands. In addition, the associate needs to be comfortable working with low volume orders that do not provide a high degree of standard
work, without sacrificing the high Swagelok quality standards. Many projects must be made to the print within the limits of the certification assembly programs and require working with engineers and others to define the assembly process while the work is being
• Assemble system assemblies using Swagelok product and third party product as defined by customers and Swagelok engineers using certified Swagelok processes. This includes fitting assembly, tube bending, welding, and other building techniques.
• Custom stainless steel fabrication per customer orders,
• Manual, semi-automatic, and automatic GTA welding,
• Can develop complex process parameters for new components
• Has the ability to make improvements to processes whether normal or abnormal conditions occur
• Is efficient at troubleshooting and correcting significant problems
• Can assist engineering on welding department projects
• Has the knowledge of vendors and internal customers and has the ability to work with them when required
• Can make suggestions for scheduling improvements
• Capable of evaluating work areas for compliance to standard work practices
• Has extensive knowledge about the welding equipment and has the ability to correct / repair / improve
• Be able to perform piping blue-print reading,
• Ability to plan and layout work
• Perform simple / complex changes, adjustments, and set-up to equipment
• Check machined and welded parts visually and dimentionally according to quality standards
• Set-up parts, processes, and machine as required
• Troubleshoot and correct problems for set-up, non-conformance, tooling and machine processes
• Ability to learn new equipment and processes.
• Read manufacturing prints.
• Meet production and quality objectives of the welding department.
• Use gages and test equipment.
• Perform all production welding operations.
• Perform required preventive maintenance.
• Enter required data in Control
• Operate Lathe and Mills
• Must perform the above listed, as well as all other assigned responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
• Business knowledge: Understands and applies Swagelok quality standards; customer focus
• Communication: Provides feedback pertaining to observed quality trends and issues
• Leadership: Integrity
• Interpersonal: Approachable
• Teamwork: Respect
• Thinking: Decisive
• Work Habits: Quality
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years GTAW experience
• Must be capable of performing welds to qualify in the 6G position with manual GTAW on tube and pipe product per ASME Section IX
• Have an Understanding of advanced math and basic geometry
• Basic troubleshooting and set-up
• High school or equivalent
• Experience with Nickel-based and other exotic alloys
• Basic understanding of manufacturing prints and products.
• Basic computer skills.
• Basic shop math – ability to do simple calculations such as stack-ups
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Understanding of gages including calipers, go/ no-go, and comparator
• Good vision: Must be able to sustain effective cisual inspection over an 8-hour shift
• Lifting: Maybe lifting up to 25lbs. frequently
• Manual dexterity: : Must demonstrate manual dexterity required to properly handle products and gages
• Sitting/ Standing: May be required to sit or stand 8 hours per day. Must be able to move throughout the shop floor to gather samples, m
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.