Swagelok Auxiliary Oper - Level 4 in Strongsville, Ohio
TitleAuxiliary Oper - Level 4
DescriptionSwagelok Company is a privately held developer and provider of fluid system products, assemblies, training, and services for the oil and gas, chemical and petrochemical, semiconductor, transportation, and power industries. Headquartered in Northeast Ohio,
Swagelok earns approximately $2 billion in annual revenues and serves customers through more than 200 sales and service centers in 70 countries, supported by the expertise of more than 5,500 corporate associates at 20 manufacturing facilities and five global
technology centers. Swagelok is a NorthCoast 99 Winner and takes pride in a culture led by our values.
Swagelok are experiencing tremendous growth and hiring many positions in our Strongsville facility. We are currently hiring experienced and entry level conventional machine operators for an expansion of an existing product line into our Strongsville plant.
Auxiliary Operators are responsible for enhancing and making minor alterations to products. This associate is proficient in all aspects of the process. They are able to recognize and solve most non-routine process problems. The associate at this level has a
greater awareness of the overall business and is able to make process improvements that reduce cost and/or improve quality. At this level, they may interact with associates in other functional areas and can oversee and assist with department development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Proficient in technical skill and process knowledge and is capable of assisting with the oversight of daily operations
• Demonstrates ability to perform both moderate and complex auxiliary operations
• Ability to identify abnormal operations and determine root cause of abnormal operations (add, remove, or adjust tooling)
• Ability to correct abnormal operations unassisted to place machine back into normal production in a timely manner
• Solid understanding of tooling used to operate and setup auxiliary equipment (fixtures, tooling, holders, program edits, etc…)
• Works with engineering to improve processes, document changes, and conduct follow-up training
• Understands and supports corporate, company, and department lean initiatives
• Effectively communicates department, equipment, schedule, and job status across shifts
• Assists in developing other associates skills, and can effectively train others
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Good mechanical skills aptitude
• Shows a desire to help others meet the needs of customers
• Demonstrates to others the desire to help customers win
Reliability and Integrity
• Always demonstrates positive attitude toward job and company
• Can absolutely rely on what they say
• Proactive in achieving compliance with policies and procedures
• Will take on any task within a cell or department
• Will support things they don’t totally agree with
• Always open to taking on new challenges
• Recognize others’ success and give credit to whom it is due
• Maintains cooperative and trust based relationships
• Works collaboratively with teammates as well as leadership
• Can get messages across that have the desired effect
• Keeps others involved in project developments and plans
• Helps to build enthusiasm, excitement, and commitment to the group mission
• Removes barriers or roadblocks so people can get the job done
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift Kegs and Boxes on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds. Considerable standing, stooping and bending is required.
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.