Swagelok Supervisor - Production in Strongsville, Ohio
TitleSupervisor - Production
DescriptionSwagelok Company is a privately held developer and provider of fluid system products, assemblies, training, and services for the oil and gas, chemical and petrochemical, semiconductor, transportation, and power industries. Headquartered in Northeast Ohio,
Swagelok earns approximately $2 billion in annual revenues and serves customers through more than 200 sales and service centers in 70 countries, supported by the expertise of more than 5,500 corporate associates at 20 manufacturing facilities and five global
technology centers. Swagelok is a NorthCoast 99 Winner and takes pride in a culture led by our values.
Swagelok are experiencing tremendous growth and hiring many positions in our Strongsville facility. We are currently hiring experienced and entry level conventional machine operators for an expansion of an existing product line into our Strongsville plant.
Provides direction and leadership for site manufacturing activities to achieve safety, cost, quality and delivery goals. Manages available resources and leads associates to perform all departmental tasks in the most cost effective manner while ensuring a quality
product is processed according to schedule. Ensures proper use of all Swagelok personnel systems and adherence to all regulatory requirements placed on the plant. Supports company operating plan along with Swagelok’s mission, vision and values
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drives Lean Daily Management System (LDMS) Cadence to achieve operational excellence
• Establish metrics & goals: visible and understood
• Execute based on metrics (daily/weekly/monthly),
• Daily management of escalation and problem solving, including support resources
• Utilizing Capacity/Load targets, develop/execute staffing/scheduling plans, adjusting to a daily/weekly/monthly cadence
• Drives “Boundary Team” alignment between operations and all support functions, clearly defining expectations and holding all associates equally accountable
• Demonstrate alignment of corporate mission, vision, values and strategies
• Clearly owning & delivering messages, “connecting the dots” for associates
• Demonstrate Engagement and Relationship Building Skills
• Drive Change through Inspirational Leadership
• Maintains fair and consistent application of all company policies and procedures
• Resolve personnel issues or conflicts
• Leads by example, following leader standard work to focus on in the moment priorities
Quality / Continuous Improvement
• Drives Culture of Quality/Continuous Improvement
• Quality plan adherence and Standard work discipline
• Engagement of all associates in waste reduction education and activities
• Utilizes Kaizen events to drive operational improvements, engaging associates and entire boundary team
Development of Self / Others
• Develops associates through effective use of Hourly Workforce Development Plan
• Develops plans to address skill gaps within the workforce
• Coaches and mentors associates to help them achieve their career goals
• Execute performance management process within guidelines of HR policies
• Continuously develops self through additional training, continued education, and benchmarking opportunities.
Approximate # of direct reports (if applicable) – 10-30 Direct Reports
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma
• Intermediate computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, utilizing MRP systems, data mining & report generation)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Manufacturing experience (CNC, Conventional & Auxiliary equipment), or similar business experiences
• Previous formal leadership roles or experiences
Teamwork and Collaboration
Engagement and Relationship Building
Accountability both self and with associates
Agility in thinking and responding to situations
Demonstrates strong problem solving skills
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.