Swagelok Tool Crib Operator Lvl 2 in Strongsville, Ohio
TitleTool Crib Operator Lvl 2
DescriptionSwagelok is a $2 billion company headquartered in Northeast Ohio, with global reach via 225 sales and service centers in 70 countries. We are a developer and provider of fluid system solutions, including products, assemblies, and services to global industries.
Swagelok is a NorthCoast99 Winner and takes pride in a culture led by our values. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are hiring many positions in our Strongsville facility.
The Tool Crib Operator Level 2 has demonstrated the proficiency to do their job with only limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes. This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running
by making appropriate adjustments to correct the problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identifies specific defects and escalates as necessary
• Properly utilizes the job packet; knows who / where to go to resolve problems
• Accurately completes proper documentation
• Utilizes the print to obtain the information necessary to complete their job (minimum full thread, ball gages, thread pitch, etc.); identifies inconsistencies and escalates appropriately
• Prioritizes work appropriately (i.e. counter calls, rushes, tool vendor, cycle counts)
• Performs inventory transactions and some basic troubleshooting
• Performs basic grinding
• Follows standard work for proper tool and gage storage and handling
• Performs vending machine operations and has the ability to look at system transactions.
• Performs all cycle counting functions.
• Identifies and selects the correct gages.
• Follows established inventory control procedures for Cribmaster and Gage Application.
• Completes an SIS request
• Utilizes 5S checklists daily and keeps area clean and organized.
• Demonstrates knowledge of work flow through improvements or suggestions
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 12 months manufacturing experience with a focus on inventory control or supply chain
• Mechanical skills and aptitude
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Basic shop math skills
• Capable of balancing workload in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of basic warehouse principles
• Competent in basic blueprint reading
• Direct and assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner
• Independently display prioritization skills
• Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
• Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
• Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Acts as a direct liaison with product, process and quality Engineers to ensure appropriate application of technology
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Always willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important
• Facilitates Root Cause analysis effort for equipment reliability
• Facilitate Shift Start up and departmental meetings
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Effectively coordinates resources to achieve ZCD
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.)
• Promotes own ideas and information with others
• Drill-down to root cause in all work order solutions
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies
• Receives input from others
• Drives team goals and results
• Takes ownership of the actions and results of the team as a whole
• Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision
• Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides accurate and detailed documentation including the use of SIS
• Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.